M.G. George Muthoot, (Lay Trustee of malankara orthodox church) Chairman – The Muthoot Group, has been ranked among the top 40 BFSI CEOs in India by the leading business magazine – Business Today in a study jointly conducted with multinational professional services firm PriceWaterhouseCoopers.
This is a recognition of his sharp foresight and dynamic leadership qualities.
AWARDS CONFERRED UPON SHRI M G GEORGE MUTHOOT
· ‘Distinguished Alumnus of the Year Award’ by Manipal University in December 2015
· ‘Bharat Samman Award’ by NRI Institute for making Muthoot Finance the largest Gold Financing Company in India in January 2015
· ‘Emerging Business Leader of the Year’ title by Hon’ble Union Minister of Home Affairs, Shri Rajnath Singh at the fifth edition of AIMA Managing India Awards 2014 in August 2014
· ‘Lifestyle Icon of the Year’ for philanthropic contributions to the society by Mr. Hari Govind, Editor, CEO India at CEO India Awards 2014 in March 2014
· ‘Gandhian Seva Ratnam Award’ for social service by T.K.A Nair, Advisor to Prime Minister in March 2014
· ‘India’s Best 2013: Order of Merit’ by Skoch Group in November 2013
· ‘Gem & Jewellery Trade Council of India Excellence Award’ by Mayor of Ahmedabad Smt. Minakshiben Patel and GJTCI President Shri Shantibhai Patel in January 2014 in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
· ‘Business Leader of the Year’ at the Kerala State Business Excellence Awards
· ‘Maulana Jamil Ilyasi Excellence Award’ for contribution in developing financial services. The award was presented by Mr. TKA Nair, Advisor to the Prime Minister of India.
· ‘Skoch Financial Inclusion Award 2013’ in recognition of major initiatives in the area of ‘Access to Banking and Financial Services’ to the aam aadmi in January 2013.
· ‘Golden Peacock Award for Excellence in Corporate Governance’ by Institute of Directors in October 2012
· ‘Golden Peacock Award for CSR’ in April 2012
· ‘Golden Peacock Award’ for Business Leadership in January 2012
· ‘Asian Businessman of the Year’ by UK Kerala Business Forum in November 2011
· ‘Businessman of the Decade Award’ by World Malayalee Council in September 2011
· ‘Life Time Achievement Award’ for outstanding contribution in Business, Religion and Social Field by Delhi Panchvada Trust in January 2011
· ‘Mahatma Gandhi National Award’ for Social Service in 2011